The holidays are here. And for some of you, that means your home is going to be full of extra friends and family. There’s nothing worse than having an issue with your plumbing during a gathering. Here’s a quick DIY if you have a leak under the sink!
What to Do if There’s a Leak Under Your Sink
- Get a good, bright flashlight and rag (or two)
- Completely dry any areas you see water
- Seriously, 5 minutes minimum!
- Touch the pipe with your hand to find the small leaks
There are a few different ways you can have a leak under your sink:
- The pipe will continue to leak if it is a waterline
- If the leak is coming from the drain, water will only appear when water is running in the sink
- “Occasional leaks” are hard to find and you will most likely need a professional to take over at this point
What You Can Do Next
There are a few things you can do until you can get a professional to fix the leak for you. Lay a cut-up paper bag (remember those?) or newspaper (remember those?). Better yet, cut up all those Amazon boxes from holiday orders!
Look for any unusual leaks if not readily found. Move the neck of faucet around with water running. Splash water where the sink sits on the counter to see if there’s a gap.
When to Call the Pros
Once the leak is identified and you’ve made a temporary fix, you should then call on Proudfoot Plumbing, Heating, and Air. We’ll come out and we’ll have the repair or replacement done quickly and with as little intrusion into your daily life as humanly possible! That’s why we think you should choose us. Call us at 1-412-461-2198. We hope to see you soon; that is, only if you have an annoying leak!